Dear Walt Whitman Class of 2020 and Families,
I am thrilled to bring you the following news; First Yearbooks, then Cap and Gowns, then Graz's Speech, and now VY Day! To continue our long-cherished traditions for the Class of 2020, Walt Whitman is proud to announce our first ever "Drive-In" Video Yearbook event on Friday, July 17th, 2020, at Walt Whitman High School beginning promptly at 8 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m.
• Students will be required to abide by New York State guidelines and regulations regarding masks and social distancing.
• Students will arrive in their cars by 8 p.m. in the center parking lot of the school.
• Upon arrival, students will park in designated spots to ensure optimal viewing.
• During this time, VY DVD's and Yearbooks will be available for purchase. Once the Video Yearbook presentation begins, students will be required to return to their cars where they will be able to listen to the movie airing on FM Radio.
• After the video, students will be ushered out of the parking lot by staff and will exit the property.
We look forward to seeing you for our Drive-In presentation of the Class of 2020's video yearbook. While we wish that all our Senior traditions and activities could have been conducted under more normal circumstances, we hope that you have enjoyed being able to participate in the traditions that make Walt Whitman High School so special. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call the high school office at 631-812-3800 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
John Murphy, Principal
Walt Whitman HS